Primer Of Perils
There's a bothersome superheroine, snoopy policewoman or
nosy lady-reporter interfering with your plans. She’s been captured and
brought to you, bound, gagged, struggling and "mmmppphing" for all
she’s worth. What do you do with her now? Here’s some
- Onboard a sinking boat. Variations:
- Bound to a sub that is about to submerge.
- Flooding submarine compartment.
- Tied to train tracks. Variations:
- Roller coaster tracks.
- Monorail track.
- In an airlock about to be opened - Shuttle, rocket, etc. Variation:
- Bound to the back of a jet rocket.
- Hands bound overhead to a horse, feet bound to another horse.
- Propeller approaching.
- Tied in the trunk of a car in a demolition derby.
- In a runaway vehicle. Variation:
- In a car facing a cliff, brake off, ice block under the tire.
- Tied to landing gear of descending plane.
PYRO PERILS* FOYER
* GALLERY * HISTORY *
- Bound to a mirror/metal in the Arizona desert in the summer.
- Left next to a bomb. Variation:
- Lowered into boiling oil. Variation:
- Burned at the stake.
- Thrown into a volcano. Variation:
- Left in the path of approaching lava.
- Being roasted alive via steam bath or dry heat.
- Left in a burning building.
- Being cremated in a Pottery Kiln.
- Tied Spread-eagle in front of mouth of a cannon with a lit fuse.
INSIDE, IN DANGER
- Sealed in airtight room with burning candles depleting the oxygen.
- Left in a building about to be demolished.
- Bound with 6 other female jurors in the jury room by the criminal's accomplices.
- Left in position to be crushed by the gear of a giant clock.
- In office ceiling, bound with stripped electrical cords attached to a light
switch which is turned off...but it is almost 8am.
- In a room that's being filled with poison gas.
- Being cemented int a wall.
- Locked in a walk-in freezer after being drenched with water.
- Left to fall from a great height - For example, balanced on the edge of a
building, supported by a burning rope or melting ice.
- Locked in a "shrinking room" (a room with walls moving in).
- Tied to the main support of a building, which is going to be knocked down so the
building will collapse.
- Trapped at the bottom of a shaft, under a descending elevator.
- Strapped to a table while being targeted by a laser (ala 007 in Goldfinger).
- Tied to a device that either presses or cuts things as they come down the conveyor belt.
- Being victimized by a Maser or other sound amplifier.
- Fed to a Decorticating (hemp stripping> machine.
- About to be dissected.
- About to be crushed by centrifugal force.
- Left in a gravity chamber, to be crushed by increasing gravity.
- Trapped in a decompression chamber.
- Bound on an automated vacuum wrapping machine.
- Left under a spike, group of spikes or a great weight that is supported by a
frayed or burning rope.
- Tied to a lightning rod during a thunderstorm.
- Lashed to a log that's rolling towards the buzz saw.
- Bound beneath a descending, bladed pendulum.
- Strapped to the Rack.
- Locked in an Iron Maiden.
- Trapped beneath spikes or a sword that is being lowered.
- Tied up in a casket. Can be airtight, buried or headed for the crematorium.
- Left hog-tied in a field of wheat about to be harvested with a combine.
- Bound in an area with rising water. Examples:
- Under a pier with tide coming in.
- At the bottom of a pool that's being filled.
- In a slowly filling bathtub.
- Balanced on slowly melting ice, with her neck in a noose.
- Dropped from a cliff or into a pit.
- Locked in a cage, separated from wild animals by a door that will be opened on a
- Held over animal cage by a burning rope.
- Left as victim for a man-eating monkey.
- Coated with something sweet and left for killer ants.
- Sacrificed by savages.
- Captured by cannibals.
- Target of a projectile. Examples:
- Gun aimed at her, with a string tied to the trigger and the door handle.
- Crossbow aimed at her; quarrel held by string being burned by candle.
- Hidden behind a target with an unwitting innocent doing target practices.
- Locked in a tank being used by the military for target practice.
- Left in front of an air gun, with the pressure building.
- Targeted by a spear launching device.
- Strapped into an electric chair.
- Trapped at the base of an avalance.
- Thrown into quicksand.
- Tied under a heavy spiked board that's supported by melting ice blocks.
- Left at the bottom of a gas station storage tank scheduled to be filled.
- Laying under a table with acid balanced over her head, with the table against a
door that someone will soon open.
- Locked in a grain silo that is about to be filled.
- Loosely tied to the hand of a tower clock so that she will slide off at 12:30.
- Lashed to the clapper of a giant bell that's about to be rung.
- Tied in the "counter weight" position to a giant bell so that she will
be hung when it rings.
- Hog-tied with ankle-ropes around her neck so that if she relaxes, she strangles.